Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 April 2010

THANK YOU


Dear Reader
Here's my entry for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge. I've used a bit of artistic licence with the stamp - instead of catching leaves the girl is now catching roses. Far nicer in my book! It also makes it more appropriate for a thank you card. I'm needing quite a few shortly so thought I'd make a start. I've used mixed papers - I'm always buying checks and spots as I love both - and I've used some raffia lace and pins from Quixotic Paperie. Flowers are Orchid Craft (I really love their gladioli) and sentiment is from Woodware. I've inked with Milled Lavender distress ink to soften the look. The image is also coloured with distress inks - various pinks and of course lilac.
This is the first card I've made in my new craft room. It looked so lovely and clean yesterday evening when we finally finished the painting that I couldn't bring myself to actually start to craft. Daft I know but there you are. Because the room now has a feature wall in damson (thanks to the BOGOF at B & Q at the weekend) I thought I'd do my first card in lilacs and purples in honour! Thanks for looking and thanks to Jane at Jane's Lovely Cards for providing a lovely sketch!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Anne this is so gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful colour scheme, all so perfectly matched! Love those gladioli too! thanks for joining in the WOJ challenge this week too! hugs, Jane xxx (won't see you this week either I'm afraid as I'm going to Ally Pally!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne this is adorable...I love how you have altered this cutie to catch roses! I prefer it like that too! hee hee! :) Gorgeous work...I hope you are enjoying your new room! Thanks for joining us this week at the WOJ challenge!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anne, I can't wait til you post a picture of your craft room.

    good luck in the challenge.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, you card is just soooo pretty! I love Willow catching the flower...that is a brilliant idea! Such pretty colours and Willow is coloured so beautifully too!
    Thanks so much for joining the WOJ challenge this week!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is lovely Anne, but when do we get to see your craft room?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww this is so pretty, I love the texture you have added with the mesh, flowers and pins and replacing the leaves with the rose was ingenious, I agree far nicer now TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete