Search This Blog

Thursday 22 April 2010

THINGS WITH WINGS/SKETCH SATURDAY CHALLENGES


Dear Reader
Here's a card I've made to fit two challenges - Simon Says Stamp Challenge which was to feature something with wings. (as you can see fairy was my choice) and I've used the sketch from Sketch Saturday. Thanks sto the design teams for the inspiration.
This card is a bit different from those I've made of late as there are no added flowers. I used paper and card from a mixed pad, a fairy/toadstool and heart stamp and sentiment from Little Claire Designs and coloured them all in with distress inks. I finished with a toadstool charm and an organza spotty bow.
I'm out tonight for Dinner with some friends. We all met as the founder members of a ladies business network club a few years ago and we all just gelled. Now I am the only one left out of the original six still in the club and there's lots of lovely new ladies come along, but the original six still get together now and again for Dinner and it's great to catch up with them all.
Today I've finished my scripts for the Awards and pressed SEND with some relief and then shot off to Brigg to the launch of a business - well actually two Chamber businesses who have merged together. They were both marketing/web design businesses and have decided that the way forward is together. It was a lovely event, their offices are so trendy (not surprising I suppose for a marketing company) with lots of white, just accented here and there with shocking pink and a bit of grey. There was champagne (pink of course) and a huge chocolate fountain with lots of tempting things to dip in. I went for the strawberry as the healthy option lol which proved a lot trickier to get into my mouth than I'd bargained for but I managed. You know how it is! Met a woman who ran an online workwear company from home who I enjoyed talking to. It never ceases to amaze me what people do to earn a living. She said she'd started out as a fitness instructor but her dad had always been in business so I guess it was in her genes to try a business. An online business means she can work from home and still be there for her kids which is cool. I came out of there feeling a bit frumpy and dowdy being amongst so many young and trendy things and there was a shop just shouting me in as I made my way back to the car so I went in and found a dress with my name on it (not literally in case you're thinking I'm wandering around with Anne on my cleavage!). So now I can be a trendy old thing!

6 comments:

  1. Morning Trendy, sounds like you had fun if I go to Debanhams I can get clothes with my name in then Literally (JTaylor) haha, your card is lovely I do like your hint of pink & red.Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool embellishments! I really like the mushroom in the corner too :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is gorgeous, such a sweet image, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Simon Says Challenge :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh such a wonderful card!!
    Cute image and lovely details!
    Thank you for joining us at SS,
    hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo my other card is on theonestopcard blog
    go and have a look, Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol at the dress with your name on it comment. Can you tell I am playing catch up with my blog hopping this fine sunday morn lol. Well done you resisting the urge to finish with flowers on your card, and cute it is too - well done on the sketch - it baffled me and I gave it up as a bad job lol XXX

    ReplyDelete