Search This Blog

Sunday 2 May 2010

CUPCAKE FOR MAGNOLIA

Dear Reader
Well I'm back! There's been a distinct lack of blogging recently due to the fact that the day job seems to have become the day and night job lol. Amongst other stuff I've been writing a 12 page Evening Programme for the forthcoming Awards. The Telegraph kindly agreed to print a special Harry Potteresque spoof newspaper as the Programme which is great but has meant a lot more copy is needed this year. So as well as all the normal menu/wine list/awards nominees etc I've been putting other stuff together to go in like lists of spells and articles like "Sorting Hat - Past its Sell by Date?". A lot of fun but a lot of work. Quite ironic really, writing a newspaper for a newspaper - I'm just keeping my fingers xd that the business community appreciate my humour. But if not the good thing with a newspaper is that it will be next week's chip paper so I decided not to get too hung up on it and just go for it!
I'm not sure what you're all doing this Bank Holiday but three days of pottering and catching up on some long-overdue housework and gardening is just lovely in my book. I overslept Saturday and missed my craft class which is unheard of. We were out on Friday evening and had a late one. The plan was to slip away early but after a couple of glasses of wine the dance floor beckoned and we were out there strutting our stuff. But next day I paid the price and missed seeing all my crafting buddies. What is it granny used to say about burning the candle both ends!
Last night I thought I'd catch up with some crafting and enter a challenge and after a spot of blog hopping settled on the Magnolia Challenge as I've been wanting a chance to use my Magnolia cupcake stamp and the sketch the DT team had produced (thanks !) seemed to lend itself. Limbered up first with an England banner for my dad. I'll post another one I've made for us soon but if you've seen the Easter one it's similar. Well alright exactly the same. Except it says England and has no chickens on it. Thought it would be a bit of decoration for the World Cup. Maurice says we'll probably only need it up for about a week. He of little faith!
I digress - back to cupcakes. I used some My Minds Eye papers I got in a BOGOF. Couldn't resist all the spots and they seem to go really well with cupcakes. The nestabilities came into their own again and I painted the image with distress inks. My new honey coloured one gives quite a nice 'sponge' colour I think. Used pearls and a ribbon from RWS.

6 comments:

  1. how Lovely Anne well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have had a busy time of it, the cupcake is lovely I like the cupcake but I don't have it (hint- hint) what pretty colurs you've used. Good Luck in the callenge, Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Anne, that cupcake looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Anne, I also chose the same challenge after a break from them, great minds and all that. You was missed on Saturday very much, see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne that cupcake looks absolutely yummy :-), fab card love the DP's on it too.
    Thanks for joining us this week on JM.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one appreciated your humour, Neil and I had many a giggle over all the little Harry Potter touches - genius and the newspaper was fabulous, took my copy home for the kids to read. Gorgeously yummy cupcake card too ( and no sign of a cauldron lol) XXX

    ReplyDelete