Search This Blog

Monday 10 May 2010

Mirror Mirror Not on the Wall - yet




Dear Reader
Here's the mirror I promised yesterday. I made it for the new craft room. For a room that's a hub for creativity there is little evidence of it on the walls so far and it all feels a bit bare. However, when I finished the mirror I took it through to where I do my picture taking and it went far better in there. So not looking as though my craft room walls will be filled yet. Ah well, 'Tomorrow's another day' as granny would say. I think I went a bit over the top with my embellishments on this one but as it's for me lots of flowers are just fine and who can resist a bit - well ok a lot - of bling! I really love the Prima swirls and flourishes. Technicalities: used MME papers, a mix of flowers from Prima/Orchid House and RWS, some 'string bling' from Boyes and some stamped and inked Martha Stewart butterflies. And of course I stickled, I think it's a really cheerful mirror and should make anyone who looks in it smile! I smiled when I saw the picture I'd taken of the mirror - it has me taking the picture in the mirror! Ah well, it's late and I want to get it posted. Hope it makes you smile too!

4 comments:

  1. I just love the mirror Anne, so feminine. The embellies are gorgeous. You need to start another one now for the craft room, lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Anne this is such a gorgeous mirror I love it! You can never have enough flowers or bling, that's what I say and I love, love, love all the butterflies!! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is stunning Anne and my fave colour too - where ever it ends up in your house it will fill a little corner with girlie prettiness - PERFECT !!!!! Thankyou for friday night - you are a genius XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats funny I thought I left you a message sorry my friend, I love this mirror as much as the last one also your card is a bit cute as well. does Maurice Like Ikea? looks like he's taking you back haha make it a monday I have never been haha. Love Janet

    ReplyDelete