Search This Blog

Thursday 27 May 2010

A HEN PARTY AND A THANK YOU




Dear Reader


Although I'm not yet finished with the Awards blogging I'm posting something more recent today as well. It's been two solid weeks of events, going from the Awards, to a lunch and speed networking at Grimsby Town Football Club and finally yesterday a hen party for our Chamber Chair Nina, who will be marrying fellow Chamber member John at Gretna Green surrounded by close family on 5th June. Unfortunately, their honeymoon is being cut short as John is heading out to Nova Scotia four days after their wedding on one of the Chamber's international trade missions. That should allow him a few days grace to get over the shock of married life! Anyway, I wasn't going to let Nina get away with slipping off to get married without marking the occasion somehow, so we had a hen party curry lunch at Me2Raj in the Market Place at Cleethorpes (food was great) and presented her with a gift voucher for Freshney Place. As you can see I organised some hen party T shirts (pink of course) with "Chamber Chicks Do the Business" on them, my friend Carolyn organised a wedding themed quiz with winning trophy! and we had a whole selection of hen party goodies including willy straws, willy bubbles, stress willy, (spotted a common theme yet!)and party poppers(no, not willy shaped) for people to play with willy nilly! Then we had another T Shirt - plain on the front with "What The Bride Should Know" which we all wrote advice on. My favourite comment was "Keep it Fresh!!" and "Always go to sleep on an argument and never give in!" So silly but so much fun! So we celebrated and wished good luck to Nina and John for a very happy married life together...

But I can't let any more water go under the bridge without giving a great big enormous gigantic and humanimalgous thank you to Tracey for designing and making 20 - yes 20 - thank you cards to send to people after the Awards. They were fabulous. I've posted one here but my photo is poor and doesn't do it justice. Tracey has a daylight picture on her site so take a look
www.tj-runningwithscissors.blogspot.com

In return for the cards (and all the craft and creative support) I gave Running With Scissors a mention in the Evening Programme and on screen on the night and have shown the cards to everyone I have come across. But I have to say that it doesn't really go anywhere near repaying the compliment. So I would like to say here a really big and sincere thank you for what must have been an incredible lot of work on top of running a shop, several classes and looking after a family. You are very kind, amazingly talented and a true friend Tracey xxx I sent one of the cards to the guy who had done our staging and audio for the awards - a big burly surly manly gruff chap who didn't say much, you know the sort, and to my surprise got an email back thanking me for the thank you and saying "It was such a very beautiful card". And I smiled and had to agree.

4 comments:

  1. What a busy girl you are & it sounds like you had so much fun, like you & tracey say about blogging like diaries I never could keep one so I don't treat mine as one it's just for refference really, anyways both you & tracey should get an award for your awards night as you both worked really hard, & yes she is a good friend, seen the cards they are beautiful. Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a great night, I agree that the cards were really gorgeous, typically Tracey! She is a special friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww thankyou for the thankyou for the thankyou for the thankyou lol I shed a little tear of happiness at what you wrote, it was just a small thing for a special lady and it was a pleasure to help, but your words of kindness mean a lot. On another note entirely lurrrrrrrve the sassy pink t's and especially the slogan - very cute !!!! your hen party sounds a riot - PERFECT !!!! see you soon and thanks again XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh sounds like your hen party was fun Anne!!!

    Have to agree with everything you have said about Our Tracey!!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete