Search This Blog

Monday 28 June 2010

GIRLY CARD




















Dear Reader

Here's a card made for the Sugar Bowl Challenge, No 37, using Marlene's sketch (thank you Marlene). The theme was 'Girly' and a Sugar Nellie stamp was required so I've used my favourite Leanne Ellis stamp and made the 'fizz' pink! Must get another one of these Leanne Ellis stamps, I really love them! Image is coloured with distress inks and the champagne bubbles stickled. The papers are from a pad by Me and My Big Ideas from Running With Scissors. There is a choice of pink or blue pad and both contain papers which lend themselves to New Baby, which is why I bought it, but there are lots of general and special effect papers in it too and I'm enjoying using it with all the different textures etc. I've used a Martha Stewart Round the Page punch which I've finally got the hang of and my nesties. The 'bar' across the middle uses a Martha Stewart lace punch through which I've threaded white ribbon from my stash. The border is created with the small scallop ET punch. Lots of punches came into play on this card!

With lots of patterns and textures I decorated with just a small ribbon bow. Keep trying for 'less is more' but usually end up with 'Oh go on then, just another bit of bling'! So this time I tied the bow and then sat on my hands until the urge passed to reach for the jewels box!!

I've also made a card for the Running with Scissors Whiff of Joy Challenge but I can't share until the Challenge is finished. Check it out - you can enter until Wednesday and there's a Whiff of Joy stamp to win!
http://tj-runningwithscissors.ning.com

4 comments:

  1. this is lovely trust you to find a "bubbly" stamp & for those who know you know what I mean nudge nudge, the card is fab love our colours good luck in the challenge Anne, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, so girly and delicate and very skilfully balanced layout!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft and sweet card! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colours Anne, so fresh and pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete