Search This Blog

Monday 2 August 2010

LORNA'S FIRST CARD




















Dear Reader


Here's my friend Lorna. She's not keen on this picture but we were having fun last Christmas on a night out so it always makes me smile. (The guy is a very old friend John wearing a traffic cone hat. Don't ask).
Actually, I always thnk of Lorna as my jigsaw friend. I see her now and again through the summer and every week in the winter when I play for a ladies pool team but without fail we always get together over the Xmas holidays to do a jigsaw. We started when the kids were small doing a jigsaw on Christmas Eve in the vain hope that it would calm everyone down. Fat chance! But it became a tradition and even though all our kids are grown we still do the jigsaw, although now it's done after Christmas and in a slightly calmer environment, me with a bowl of pistachios and Lorna with a box of Celebrations. Oh yes, we know how to push the boat out lol
Anyway, last Christmas Lorna was looking at some of my craft projects and said could she have a try at making something. It's took us til last Saturday afternoon to get it together and make it happen. But happen it did. Lorna wanted to make a card but wasn't keen on painting an image so we dug around my stamps and she came up wth this fairly large 'Happy Birthday' stamp. She then looked through my papers and after a great deal of thought chose some from my old faithful K & Co pad. That pattern book is certainly a good workhorse - I've been chopping at it for about a year and it's still going strong! Anyway, Lorna took to crafting like a duck to water and I think the card she chose and made above is just fabulous. I think we may have a new craft addict, as she left (at 6 pm after four solid hours crafting saying "Wow that was fantastic" so if you see a lady looking like the picture above wandering into Running With Scissors, say 'Hello Lorna - how's the card making come along" !!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you told her that she'd never have any money if she becomes addicted to card making. I think it's only fair that you warn her lol!! Tell your friend it's a lovely card, well done!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great card, obviously down to a natural talent and a very clever and helpful friend, do we have a new craft addict in our midst lol, I will keep my eye out for Lorna, just in case she has been bitten by the bug. I have to say I love your jigsaw tradition what a lovely 'excuse' to nail down a date for some quality friend time, XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card & Lorna should be dead chuffed with herself guess the jigsaw trad has just gone out of the window haha, I was so pleased to hear you actually finished it & it wasn't still ongoing. Good luck in the challenge love Janet

    ReplyDelete