Search This Blog

Thursday 29 July 2010

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY - ONE STOP CRAFT CHALLENGE


Dear Reader
Here's the card that I posted the other evening. One minute is was there on the blog and the next 'puff' it was gone! Where to I don't know - it'll be up there in the ether somewhere I'm bound, along with all my other missing emails, reports and stuff. Not to be deterred I've posted it again! Well I like the card. I'm entering it for the One Stop Craft Challenge. Can't claim the design as I got the idea to decoupage the small bunch of flowers from a card I saw at Doncaster. It's funny how some cards just appeal to you and stay in your head. Being a lover of small tags - no smiles thank you I'm keeping this blog clean - I thought the flowers would be the perfect excuse to use one, along with a ribbon to tie them together. I've gone for a monochrome look as a change from pink and green (hurrah! they all shout) although I've sparingly used some green glitter to decorate the middle of the flowers. I love black and white with just a hint of one colour. It's a device I've often seen in films. Probably a funny thing to do or maybe it was an extremely long traffic tail back but one trip away when the girls were just getting into cinema we all sat and thought of films which were mainly black and white but used colour for effect. The one that always stands out in my mind was "Schindler's List" or was it "Schindler's Ark" (always get the book and the film muddled) with the little girl in the red coat walking through the ghetto. The author had her in a red coat in the book but using it as a device in the film was absolutely mind-blowing - edge of your seat stuff. I think another one was "Dead Men always wear Plaid" but I may be wrong . I'm sure Alice will put me right, as all that talk of films has given her a love of them and she now works at the cinema in Leeds and still adores watching them in between selling popcorn. Not quite sure how I've got from a missing photo to my daughter working in a Leeds cinema but thanks for looking in.

2 comments:

  1. seems I'm the first or mayb not haha love this card love black & white as you know ( mayb cos I'm rubbish at colouring haha) I really like this image where did you get at Donny?, what a shame I didn't see you or Anita I went on the Sunday show. is this any good to you..... www.decopatch.co.uk, lovya Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I LOVE this in all its clean and simple splendour. I love the monochrome and the image is beautiful. I really like how you have decoupaged the flowers and how they reach of the page. Gorgeous. I'd better stop drooling! Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week x

    ReplyDelete