Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 July 2010

SUMMER'S HERE


Dear Reader
Here's a card I made for a commission for a lady who wanted a card with her grandaughter's name on it. And what a lovely name it is too for a little girl born in August. I bought the stamp from RWS and I think someone in the shop suggested swopping the stamped 'legs' for string ones. Can't remember who it was - maybe Jane - but thanks for the idea if it was you Jane. I then had to think how to hide the string legs and Tracey came up with the idea of stamping the image twice and hiding them between two layers of skirt. Cracking idea! Thanks Tracey. And I thought 'Well if it's good enough for the skirt we'll double up on the crown too, just to add a bit more dimension. So I did.
I cut the image out which was a bit on the tricky side and matted and layered it onto a Me and My Big Paper Pad paper, cut round with a Martha Stewart round the page punch. Yes, now I've discovered how to use it I can't stop! I tried not to go too overboard with decoration - as that was the brief - so just used some pieces of a Prima rose swirl and some individual half pearls to decorate. But of course the fairy got stickled to death. I made the top sentiment using my Xyron print machine. The little hearts were from my stash, as was the bottom sentiment which may be a Kraftworks one but may not be. Can't remember. Anyway, Anne - the lady who commissioned the card - seemed pleased with it this morning so that was a relief! I'm promising myself that my next card is not going to be pink and green as I seem to be in somewhat of a rut with the same colours. But I had fun making it which is the main thing.

6 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute Anne, love the legs, lol. I'm sure Summer will love it. Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Anne yes it was Jane that said about the legs when you showed her the stamp, I did mine on velum & coloured it in without replacing her legs, I love your border, bling, DP's & craftwork cards sentiment. Summer will love it too. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww I remember you starting this card, it turned out so cute Anne, I love the little touch of sparkle on her wings. Beautifully crafted ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne this card is lovely.

    I hope you are ok?

    See you soon Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you my lovely friend I'm missing you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her dangly legs too! Lovely card Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete