Search This Blog

Friday 24 September 2010

JUGGLING

Dear Reader
















Hi again!

Well it's been a busy old time and I've had some health problems affecting my eyes so crafting's had to take a back seat of late. However, last night after doing a bit of blogging and seeing everyone's lovely creative efforts I decided to try a quick Christmas card.I'd checked out Tracey's class cards and thought how nice the easel cards were. Don't ask me why but I'd never thought of doing an easel Christmas card before. So I did one and the above is the result. Maurice bought me these Papermania papers and matching stamp set for my birthday and I was really pleased with them. He's a great lover of the traditional as you can see. Many of the papers are glittered or embellished in some way. I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed with 'old gold' embossing powder. The card is finished with a Prima pearl and a sentiment that came with the Papermania kit, along with a ribbon and bow to match the embossing.

I've also been busy juggling the day job with my hobby turned sideline company "The Cats Pajamas" and have been making some progress. I now have some business cards and the website is up and running http://www.catspajamasonline.co.uk and I've got a commission for an Irish themed wedding so really looking forward to working on that.

Talking of juggling I had to laugh today. Whilst I was crafting last night Maurice did my packing up for my lunch today. We'd obviously run out of just about everything - it being shopping day on a Friday - as when I opened my lunch box at 12 noon (I can never hold out much longer than midday lol) I was faced with a little ham sandwich and three oranges. Yes, three oranges. I wasn't sure whether to eat 'em or juggle 'em! When I asked why three oranges Maurice said he thought I needed to get my vitamin C levels up. Couldn't argue with that.

Finally, I booked tickets for the Help The Heroes Concert at Twickenham a week last Sunday. Their cause is very dear as Maurice was in the army for 24 years and did 3 tours of Northern Ireland and served on the front line in the Gulf War. He's lost a lot of army friends in active service over the years. Anyway, we went. I didn't really know what to expect to be honest but wow! it was an amazing thing to be part of. I've never been in a Mexican wave of 60,000 people before! There were a lot of our 'heroes' and their families there and their stories were very moving. It really breaks your heart to see such young men with such horrific injuries but their capacity to rebuild their lives and just 'get on with it' was truly inspirational. And the concert was awesome. Our seats weren't the best - aren't concert tickets expensive these days? - but we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. And of course the chance to see and hear the legendary Robbie Williams was just wonderful. A night we will always remember!



















An historic moment - Robbie and Gary sing together again


3 comments:

  1. Hello my friend so pleased to "see" your getting better the card is gorgeous love the papers & beads the colours as you would say are FAB. I watched that concert I really enjoyed it too but I didn't like the Gary & Robbie duo song thought that was rubbish. Do you know we had a guy collecting for "Help the Hero's" in Morrisons the next day & he didn't even watch it. gotta say nite look at the time you always keep me talking haha. Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurrrrrvely card, Maurice chose you some lovely papers and I love your embossed tree - very elegant. I can imagine the concert was very emotional especially considering you were accompanied by an ex servicemen, my heart goes out to each and every one of them, each and every one of them a hero in their own right. I hope the eye issue is sorted out soon ( there are so many people sharing dads glasses at the moment he seldom gets chance to wear then himself lol) many hugs XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Anne, very classy. Glad you enjoyed the concert, we watched on TV and thoroughly enjoyed it! Don't seem to get much time to read all the blogs but I do eventually catch up, take care xx

    ReplyDelete