Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 March 2010

BASICALLY IT'S GREY


Dear Reader
Here's a card I've made for this week's Sugar Nellie Challenge. I've discovered that the image character is called Annie which seems appropriate. For some reason I thought she was called Nellie. What a nellie I am! I am loving birdcages at the moment so couldn't resist Annie with a birdcage. And then what do you know there was some birdcage paper in the lovely stash I received today from Jane as part of her anniversary candy so it didn't last 5 minutes in the Basic Grey pad. I coloured the image in with Tim Holtz distress inks in spun sugar and sage and used a mixture of magnolia and honey on the hair. The use of stars was essential to the challenge so I rummaged around and found some star buttons which I had bought at a bargain price thinking they would come in one day and now they have! It was the colour that attracted me - a very soft pink - but it's the shape that's come up trumps - they're little stash stars! I would really have liked a sentiment that granny would have approved of: "A Little Bird Told Me ....." so that inside I could have put "that it's your birthday" but I thought it was a lot to fit in a little gap so I've used a Woodware Special Friend stamp instead. The card's for a friend who doesn't like 'fancy' so I've kept it fairly plain.
It's funny doing a bird card today. My friend Carolyn has a very special pedigree cat arriving in May. I forget its breed but it's a grey cat and she asked me a while ago what she should call it. Being grey I thought of all sorts of 'grey' names such as John Major and Lavender (I know it's a lilac colour but mine's grey at the moment!) and as she keeps chickens I also suggested Giblet. Well, giblets are grey. Shame Carolyn is not a crafter or I would have suggested 'Basic' !
I've just heard that the kitten has now been born and is to be called Giblet so I've proudly apponted myself its godmother. Hope the chickens take to it (obviously not literally!) and it doesn't eat pretty little birds like the one in my image or I shall be having words! I'll keep you posted on Giblet's progress.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! what a cute card and name for a cat!
    I love that stamp Anne, Good luck in the challenge.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colours and the embellies.
    See you Sat good love with the challenge.
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giblet !!!!!!! Oh my giddie aunt, what will you come up with next - word to the wise - don,t ever be tempted to name anyones babies !!!! stick to kittens and trolls lol XXX good luck with the challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete