Search This Blog

Thursday 18 March 2010

IT'LL ALL COME OUT IN THE WASH - AS GRANNY WOULD SAY


Dear Reader
Here is my card for the Magnolia Challenge. I've used a Tilda image and made her a present to hold.Punch is Martha Stewart scallops. Papers are by Bo Bunny and Martha Stewart. Embellishments from RWS and my stash. Image is coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks in Tattered Rose and Sage.
Today's been a very enjoyable but busy day. It started early with a breakfast meeting in a hotel at Scunthorpe. I never give any thought to the actual breakfast but Maurice is always keen to know whether I'm getting a full English or not. I tell him that most of the time it's just a croissant or a Danish. He shakes his head sadly and says that these meetings should more accurately be called Continental Breakfast meetings which makes me smile. I dislike breakfast meetings. The idea is that you fit them in before your actual day job which as it's all work to me seems rather silly. Plus, and I have to say this is the real reason, I am just not a morning person. I'm as far from a morning person as you can get without it being evening! This week I've had two Continental Breakfast meetings so am not a happy bunny. As this morning's was a good drive away I had to get up at 6.30 am in order to wake up and drink enough tea to be alert enough to drive at 7.15. Off I went and arrived in plenty of time for the meeting and had my 'breakfast and another tea. Well, I got networking - or chatting as we'd call it - and suddenly it was time for the meeting to start. I asked the Chair to hold on a minute whilst I went to the loo as I'd drunk so much tea by then I was awash. What do you know the Ladies was out of order. I went next door into the disabled toilet, had a tinkle and went to wash my hands. I squeezed out a good bit of soap as it always smells nice in this hotel, rubbed it in and turned on the tap. Nothing came out. For goodness sake! I tried to wipe off all the soap with a paper towel but it just got stickier and stickier. I started to feel like Mr Bean. I gingerly opened the door and peered out hoping there was no one there to witness my sticky situation and conscious of the time rushed down towards the Spa to find another toilet. I found one,went in and yes! the water was working and I washed my hands. I went to dry them and guess what? There were no paper towels in this toilet. For goodness sake! So back I went to the disabled toilet to dry my hands. I arrived back at the meeting where they were waiting to start. I apologised to the Chair, took my seat and whispered my dilemma to the woman next to me. She looked bemused. But there aren't any other ladies toilets in that corridor she said. Do you realise you've used the men's? Luckily, before I could reply, the meeting started.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Such delicate colors!
    Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lord Mr Bean indeed ! Just like me today with the hunky firemen- not !!!!!! Beautiful card, those soft colours are so pretty and suit Gift giving Tilda nicely XXX

    ReplyDelete