Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 March 2010

LOVELY IN LILAC


Dear Reader
Here is a card I made at the RWS crop on Saturday which I'm entering for two challenges, Friday Sketchers and Magnolia Challenge. I've used the design given by the Friday Sketchers DT (thank you) and Magnolia Challenge requested an easel. So I made it into an easel card. After much deliberation I decided the chocolate box (thanks Linda) that Tilda is sat on could be an Easter chocolate box so that's why we have an Easter greeting! The papers are Martha Stewart (that pad has nearly gone now - wo! is me), Nicki gave me the lovely purple flower and the swirl is the EK one that Jane of Jane's Lovely Cards has made such a hit with the inspiration she has given. Tilda is coloured in distress inks. It was a lovely relaxing afternoon making the card. I was tired after a hard week and a morning concentrating on two scrapbook pages that I'm really trying hard to get right at the moment as they're for a friend. I discovered that lilac is a very relaxing colour to work with and I took my time building the card and chatting as I went. The design is quite busy but as a lot of the papers are plain I was quite happy with the result. Hope you enjoy it too.

3 comments:

  1. I love your chocolate box easter card.
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the care Anne, I love our saturday afternoons too, very relaxing lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that card turned out so beautifully Anne, I agree lilac is a lovely restful colour to work with, very impressed by your colouring I must say, no pea green pants or pink buckles to be seen anywhere lol, hope you managed to sort out your scrapbook pages - if you need any help you know where I am XXX

    ReplyDelete