Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Jane's Candy


Dear Reader
Pop over to www.janeslovelycards.blogspot.com to be in with a chance of winning Jane's bloggoversary candy. It's a year since she set up her blog and to celebrate is giving away this amazing and generous candy. Thanks Jane. And thanks for giving us so many lovely cards. Your blog is aptly named xxx
I've not managed to do any crafting this week as I'm in the process of moving my craft stuff (thanks for spurring me into action Loraine!) to what was Alice's bedroom. Alice is at uni and has made a home for herself in Leeds where she has been for nearly three years now. It's a bit sad to think that both the girls have finally left home and set up for themselves but that's life and the way of things and it's great to think that they have become independent women and are out there busy living and having fun.
I've only been crafting for a year but I seem to have spread myself all over the house so I'm trying to consolidate! If only I was a bit neater and tidier. I really am cross with myself for getting in such a mess. The irony is that I usually know where everything is. Well sort of!! I'm also typing up my mum's war memories which are absolutely fascinating and she tells a great tale. She's also found some pictures to go with the stories so it will make a wonderful family book. Tomorrow I have a pool match and Thursday am going to the pictures with mum and Chloe to see Alice in Wonderland so crafting is taking a real back burner this week. Be back soon though xxxx

4 comments:

  1. How cool to have your own craft room although I can only imagine how strange it must be knowing that your 'children' have flown the nest, independence is one of the most valuable lessons we can teach our children and yet it is one of the most emotional too, one of those double edged sword scenarios, I hope you have many of hours of crafting fun in your new craft haven, see you soon XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Lorraine and Nicki should have a competition to see who has the tidiest or the messiest craft room. Love reading your blog but I missed seeing a card this week lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good your own craft room, hope you love it as much as I love mine. Love reading your blog card or no card. See you saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh well done Anne!!! I too am wishing for Chloe to move out (she is only 14, lol) but I know when the time comes I will be devestated (sp?)!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete