Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 March 2010

MAGNOLIA CHALLENGE - JUST A NOTE


Dear Reader
Just a note to go with my card for this week's Magnolia Challenge which was to follow a sketch by Jane of Jane's Lovely Cards (thanks).
I used some paper (Brenda Walton Madeline) that I adore and lace, both of which came from RWS. I coloured Writing Tilda in with distress inks and sat her on a 'pouffe' made of embossed circles with writing on and inked them. I made a card for the sentiment and inked it, then stamped 'Just a Note' with a Clarity Stamp stamp purchased for a bargain£1 at Harrogate Show. I really love Clarity stamps for their clarity! ha! I particularly liked the font and thought the sentiment would go well with Writing Tilda. I set the sentiment into inked paper flowers from my stash and pearl swirls and a dragonfly from an E. flourish. Butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch and I've stamped the cream one with the stamp that comes in the lid of the punch. The purple one is embossed. The background to Tilda is stamped with an Anna Griffin swirl stamp in distress ink.

5 comments:

  1. Anne, this is absolutely gorgeous I love it!

    Good luck in the challenge.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agreewith Nicki it's beautiful are you having secret lessons, your cards are just 1st class. good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Anne this is totally gorgeous! One of my favourite papers (as you know LOL) and all those flowers around the sentiment look stunning! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness this is my all time fave so far in all the cards you have made, just makes me smile on so many levels, colours are gorg, pouffe is ingenious, lace and flowers - just perfect - love it all ANNE thanks for the inspiration XXX

    ReplyDelete