Search This Blog

Sunday 19 December 2010

Dear Reader
I thought I'd post a couple of pix from the recent snowy weather conditions just to remember how cold and snowy it actually was... I was reading last year's Christmas journal and it said that we'd reached -4 on Christmas Day. This year we've been at -6 most mornings now for a couple of weeks and we haven't even reached Christmas Day yet!

The first pic is the view from my front window. I love wintry scenes but I was particularly taken with the angry sky. And yes, it did mean that more snow was on the way!

The second pic is of my brother Chris who when we were snowed in rode round to see us on his bike. Here he is just arriving for a coffee, a packet of biscuits! and a chat. How he managed to ride in these conditions was a mystery but he did.












Here's one of a set of 'Candy Cane' cards I made using K & Co's retro style papers in their
Secret Santa collection. I love candy canes so I thought I'd add an actual one to each card. A card with something good to eat in it - sounds good to me! I made a hinged pocket to hold the cane and then tied a little 'Secret Santa' charm to each cane with a ribbon bow. I cut out the sentiment from a page in the same paper collection and embellished with a pink organza ribbon. Voila!













































Reverb110: Day 19
Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
Goodness some of these prompts are making me scratch my head and I'm not sure that so much soul searching is good for the soul! But here's my thoughts on this one:
I think what healed me this year was patience, time and a little bit of practical help to a problem.
I always remember my mother arriving one day unannounced when I was ill and on my own with two tiny children and she just set to and cooked a meal and sorted us all out. When I thanked her she said "Well, a bit of practical help is worth an awful lot of sympathy". That's stayed with me. And as for 2011 I'm really hoping I won't need any healing...

1 comment:

  1. kicked me into touch this year, all very personal & too close to home & yes I still worry onto the previous as I'm still doing things "Arse end on" pls pardon the french on second thoughts bugger it I'm due a bit of forgiveness haha. Have a really good Chrissy my friend hope you get everything you asked for. I asked for nothing so hey ho haha (you know what they say be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha)

    ReplyDelete