Search This Blog

Friday 10 December 2010

A WORD TO THE WISE

Rever10:
Day 10

Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

Well this one had me scratching my head, going off to make a cup of tea, thinking whilst the kettle boiled, coming back upstairs with hot drink and still being none the wiser what I was going to write. The only thing that kept springing to mind was Ernie Wise. I liked him when he was with Morecombe! So instead of dwelling on something that's just not happening for me perhaps this wise and weather-apt quote from Samuel Coleridge Taylor would suffice tonight:

Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.

2 comments:

  1. Like the snow round here very depp Anne think you start on Decaffe haha

    What Party not been invited so you may not see me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote Anne, must remember that one when I am about to impart my little pearls of wisdom upon my selectively deaf children xxx

    ReplyDelete