Search This Blog

Thursday 11 February 2010

BOHEMIAN LOVE


Dear Reader
Here's a card I've put together for the Simon Says Stamp challenge which Jane at Jane's Lovely Cards mentioned on her blog. As you might guess the prompt for the challenge is 'LOVE'. With Valentine's just round the corner what could be more appropriate! Actually, Maurice and I met on Valentine's Day eight years ago. We both went independently to an 'I hate Valentine's Night' party at Chicagos. Ironic eh! Eyes met across an uncrowded room and that was it for an hour or so. Then my friend was asked to dance but being a lovely friend dragged me, protesting, onto the dance floor too so I wouldn't be stood on my own. I turned from a twirl, smiling apologetically at the poor guy who'd invited my friend to dance and ended up with me Miss Gooseberry there as well, and there was Maurice dancing away in front of me. If I tell you the record was Bohemian Rhapsody you can guess that dancing was a bit difficult. That record goes from ferociously fast to sloth-like slow. A real challenge but we bobbed about a bit! The only plus side was that it is amazingly long so we got plenty of time to take stock of each other! We both liked what we saw I guess. The clincher for me was a good night kiss which took my breath away - I swear I heard violins! - and I knew he was THE ONE. Ah! memories ..... Anyway, back to the darn card....
The inspiration is from one Tracey at RWS taught at a class. I loved the design so much I've made lots with it but I think this one is my favourite. It's for Maurice's eldest sister Marie's birthday and I've tucked a 'Sister' message at the bottom of the tag. Papers are - you've guessed it ' - K & Co. I'm happily working my way through the pad! I've punched the little flowers, stamped and embossed the tag through a Cuttlebug and used gorgeous gorgeous lace from Running with Scissors. I could carry a piece of this lace around with me in my purse it's so pretty to look at!

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! how romantic! the card is lovely Anne.

    Congratulations, You won the Just Magnolia easter basket challenge.

    Sorry I can't get hold of you to tell you.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne I see Nicki already let you know but woohoo you've won the Just Magnolia challenge!!!!! Absolutely love your card, it is so romantic and beautiful colours and details and that lace is very gorgoeus isn't it!? Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anne, and I recognise the gorgeous lace from RWS too! Well done on the win. Oh and the story of your meeting with Maurice was brilliant.......fate.........how lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! I love the lace!!!! Your story is awesome, love at first sight...gotta love that!!!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
    Chris & the DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll done Anne on both winning & your LOVE story, your card is beautiful thought it was for Maurice. Good Luck with your Simon Says Challenge (do you have to have a blog to enter these comps?)P.S What did you win I'm no lady so I'll ask haha

    ReplyDelete