Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 February 2010

EASTER BASKET


Dear Reader
Here's my entry for the Magnolia Easter Basket Challenge. I've really enjoyed doing this one - right up my street as I love boxes/baskets/containers of any kind and I'm already thinking how I can adapt it to suit different occasions. I used my K & Company paper pad and my new Martha Stewart doillie punch which I'm hoping will come in really useful. I'm liking the way you can make a nice handle with it if you punch both sides. I've used a Magnolia Alfie for this and it's nice to see he's got a mouth! And a smiley one at that. Loving his ears too - very Prince Charles, Coloured him in with my three distress inks (I'm very distressed I've only three) He's a bit too red - should have had that lipstick colour pink distress ink really but there you go. At least he's bright! Also used some other inks. Goodness knows what they're called. I wanted to bring in some blue so I used a Sekura felt tip on some shiny paper and added water with a water colour brush. Probably wrong but 'needs must' as granny would say. Anway, we got blue boots. Which looking at them would probably meet the approval of the chiropodist I saw yesterday. I've distressed and aged the paper lace border and inked with Saraha Sand chalk. I'd like 'Gingerbread' as it's not so 'strong' but can't find it anywhere for love nor money. If anyone knows where I can get it please let me know as I've looked for ages. My flower is from Trotters Traders. I know how to pass an hour on a Sunday afternoon! I've deliberately kept the thing simple, because I just wanted to focus on Alfie with a flower in his hand and the sentiment (which is tiny tags by Woodware). Maurice popped out to Tesco and in true man style came back with not one but three bags of chocolate eggs. I put two bags in the basket (is it my imagination or are the bags of eggs smaller these days?) apart from the purple ones which didn't match my colours. How picky am I! Maurice now has those in his packing-up. The basket smells absolutely gorgeous - I'd forgotten how good those chocolate eggs smell - and I can't wait for Easter.

7 comments:

  1. Georgeous basket! Love the beautiful papers and details!
    Thanks for finding my tutorial useful :)
    Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Anne. well done you and as you say right up your street this challenge. I bet you had fun with this one,
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely basket - i love the colours
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, love your basket and Alfie too! the colouring is great.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Anne!!! I love Alfie and he's coloured beautifully. Gorgeous papers too. LOL at you taking the purple ones out!!! You're not really going to wait for Easter before you eat those eggs are you??? hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely basket Anne Alfie looksvery cheeky and you have done him beautifully, lucky Maurice getting choccy eggs for pack-up good luck in your challenge. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now I knew you won the challenge so feel terribly justified in saying that this little basket is utterly wonderful - well done you CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS XXX

    ReplyDelete