Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2010

POST IT NOTE


Dear Reader I know I said I wouldn't be back for a while with any cards but I thought this one was so lovely that I'd just have to post it on my blog. It was a big surprise when it arrived in the post today. I opened it wondering who on earth it was from and guess what, it was from Nurse Tammy! If you've been with me from the start you'll remember that on a visit to the docs, Nurse Tammy and I started off talking low fat diets, moved to cupcakes and then on to crafting cupcakes which was all far more interesting than limp lettuce! It's really cute with beautiful decoupage which my photo doesn't do justice to and lots of sparkle.
Isn't it lovely when you get a nice surprise in the post. I fear with all things going 'e' that the days of the posted card may be drawing to an end (terrible for us crafters and I don't know if I should even be voicing this fear in case it makes some of you faint!). I truly hope not as an 'e' card, appropriate in some circumstances I give you, just isn't the same as a card sent in the post. Even the post office seem to be conspiring to get rid of handcrafted cards by, as Jane has recently pointed out, making it impossibly expensive to send them. I suggest that when the politicans start lobbying us for our votes this May we ask them where they stand on the issue of a reasonably priced posted handcrafted card! Ha! That'll put them on the spot and sort the men from the boys as granny would say. In the meantime though thanks Nurse Tammy for the card - it's beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. Evening Anne I love the card from nurse Tammy. What a lovely surprise when you got your post, but the thought of it all coming to an end has me filling up as I type!!!!!!! what a sin it would be if it all came to an end.
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful surprise that must have been Anne and it is so gorgeous! Now there's a policy if ever there was one!!! Ban the thick/thin letters idea (surely it is sizest anyway which surely is illegal LOL) Let's lobby for the PO to throw away their little plastic thing they always try to shove my card through - thank goodness for silicone glue LOL! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anne, what a lovely surprise. I love the idea of the tooth fairy on the front!

    Let's start a petition!

    Love Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thoughtful of nurse Tammy it's avery sweet card, who said about the "E"cards taking over? I bet a few hubby's wont mind haha, I agree with Nicki. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever post title ! What a lovely card and a lovely surprise too, I totally agree, it will be a sad day when people forgo snail mail, wheres the fun in only ever receiving junk and bills ??????

    ReplyDelete