Search This Blog

Monday 22 February 2010

TILDA - WITH LOVE


Dear Reader
Here's my entry for the Magnolia Challenge. I enjoyed this sketch and tried to get a different look to each of the layers going across using different scallop borders and mediums, including my favourite lace in the whole wide world. Papers are, as if you didn't know, K & CO. I used an Anna Griffin swirl stamp and embellishments from my stash decorated with stickles. Not too sure about the stamp in retrospect but I like to try different things. I think this Tilda has a slightly wistful and apprehensive air so I wanted to colour her in muted shades to give a calm peaceful look. But I think I've overdone it and now she looks as though she's on valium! Forgive me Tilda!

7 comments:

  1. Lol! Anne this is a great card I love the lace.

    Good luck in the challenge.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card, nice colours and i'm pleased your not posting for a while i'm getting typers cramp haha, good luck in the challenge. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card that lace is just gorgeous!!, just love it!.
    Thanks for joining us this week on JM.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, love the lace too! Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is gorgeous, the lace is my all-time fave too, the colours are perfect, love this card - fantastic job on the challenge. BTW look again, not on valium!!! just letting out a huge fart lol, sorry couldnt resist, still love the card even though she is windy XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Anne and the lace edge. Good luck with the challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous Anne! I love the papers and that stunning lace! thanks for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge too! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete