Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2010

IN THE PINK (No 1)


Dear Reader

It's been a weekend to remember - we've been 'in the pink' as granny would say, so I've posted a couple of cards I've put together to reflect that. This one is for the Magnolia Challenge, Sketch Saturday and one other challenge which for the moment I can't find! lol It was a challenge asking for pink, light green and dark green and I can't for the life of me find it now. Leave a comment if you know where it's at!! I've used Magnolia Edwin (kindly given to me by Janet - thanks Janet) coloured in with Sekura pens. I wanted a Love theme so he's now holding a love heart (appropriate for the 'in the pink' weekend we are having and the fact it's Valentines Day! I bet you can all guess it's a Cuttlebug heart so no prizes for that one! Papers are by Martha Stewart (got a bit distressed (get it!!) with K & Co). Sorry bad joke but I'm leaving it in! I've inked everything with Tattered Rose distress ink and used embossed Cuttlebug hearts. Tag is Tiny Tags stamp by Woodware and I've gone to town with the Stickles. Embellishments and ribbon from RWS and stash.
I'm sure most of you that read this blog know about Tracey's 40th Birthday Bash yesterday. I was amazed at the way it all came together, with lots of people contributing and doing their own thing and yet it all tailored together seamlessly with hardly any duplication. Different people even arrived bearing the same range of decorations (pink of course) and serviettes etc- how remarkable is that! The shop looked fabulous, the table was decorated beautifully, the food was yummy and we even had flower decorations and sprinkles to set the whole thing off. And of course a wonderful set of balloons (you can't have a birthday party without balloons!) including Nicki's remarkable balloon man, named Buster, who I have been photographed kissing. Can't wait to see that one - not!! lol Lots of customers, family and friends were there and it was a really fitting tribute to Tracey's 40th and the shop's 1st birthday! To (mis)quote Captain Kirk (OMG I'm now quoting him as well as granny!) may they both go forth and prosper.. Happy Birthday Tracey and Happy Birthday Running with Scissors! Love you both xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Anne
    loving the pink 2 gorgeous cards, love edwin holding the heart.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card & your quite welcome to anything in my stash at any time just ask, Lorraine was a wee concerned for your travel (wink wink nudge nudge) sorry was quoting morecome & wise I think haha. Pleased you had a good day also thought this card was for Maurice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww thankyou Anne, it was all the more special because all my friends were there, thankyou for your part in it and pease thank your mum for the yummy cakes, I think they disappeared in three seconds flat lol. Gorgeous cards I love the soft colours and the little heart in his hand is a cute addition, hope you have a good week, see you soon and thanks again XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Edwin must be in love. So nice to see him used. great colouring.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a great day on Saturday. I had a great weekend but still wished I had been there too.
    Love the cards
    See you sat
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Anne!!! My you do fit a lot of challenges into one!!!

    I used to be good at that, but I need to make so many cards now, I just do one card per challenge!

    Yep I thought Saturday was a fun day!

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOps forgot to say, thank you for the heads up on me winning WOJ challenge!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love all the pink! Thanks for joining in with us at Just Magnolia this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you on winning the Magnolia challenge last week.
    I do like it when you know who wins it.
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love this dear. Thanks for joining us at JM

    ReplyDelete