Search This Blog

Sunday 21 February 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!




Phew! What a hectic week it was last week. We had a high spot mid week when my youngest Alice (right on the pic) came home for a couple of days and we had a big family night out. Well, kind of out. Ten of us went to the Hainton for the carvery, then hot footed it round to mum's house for dessert and coffee. It was one of those nights when everyone was on form and we had a lot of laughs. Dad surprised us all with a DVD he'd put together of slides he'd taken back in the 1960's. Hilarious seeing us all looking like something off the set of Thunderbirds with Dad's Ford Anglia car, which he reminded us took five of to the Black Forest in Germany complete with all our camping equipment and luggage! Brought back a lot of memories and I know we're going to treasure this DVD. Alice was home as her birthday was coming up. It's actually today - as well as my nephew's Freddie. Alice is 22 and Freddie 17. Happy Birthday and lots of love to you both xxx! The pix were taken on the night out. Alice is with her sister Chloe but as you can see Freddie is pretty shy at having his picture taken. I tried all night to get a good one but he was too quick for me lol.
It was manic at work last week as the Business Awards brochure came out. For the first time it's in ebook format and I'm so pleased with it. I'm hoping it will make it really easy for businesses to take a look and for the first time they can enter online. How 21st Century are we!!! Here's the ebook if you'd like to take a peek. Please pass it on to any businesses you know that might like to enter. We all know one who deserves a prize! And if there was one for the kindest 40 year old business woman who loves Bruce Springstein and vanilla latte I think we all know who'd win....!!
The snow today was a perfect excuse to sit and craft all day and so I've lots of cards for challenges. Hopefully I've met all the criteria! All being well will photograph tomorrow day and be back tomorrow night to post. I've enjoyed looking at everyone's latest blogs today too - guess I'm not the only one keeping warm crafting and blogging whilst it snows!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annie
    Its great having a family get together I love it and as you said having a laugh at the good old days, brilliant.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than being with family and friends! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a nice day yesterday crafting and blogging. There is nothing better than a family get together and not surprised Mum provided the pudding after sampling her cakes they are delicious.
    Enjoyed the crop on saturday it is a real tonic after a difficult weel
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how you get through your weeks sometimes Anne, you always back so much in and with such humour and glamour, you really are an inspiration, it sounds like your family day was just the tonic you needed, and there are no prizes for guessing why you all ended up at mums house for pud, move over Delia, we all know who the real queen of cakes is ! LOL thanks for the last comment, made me blush, when you put it like that - I dont think there would be many of us up for the award lol, I think most of Bruces fans are well into their fifties and sixties now lol, thanks for always making me smile :) XXX

    ReplyDelete