Search This Blog

Monday 1 February 2010

A DUCK AT THE DENTISTS

Dear Reader
I'm thinking you're probably as sick of my teeth as I am but let's get the saga finished shall we? Today I finally got some treatment, after my Friday appointment got cancelled because my new dentist Mr Traingates had got rushed into hospital. I was so eager to get the ordeal over today I actually arrived early! Yes, unheard of and it felt very strange. Consequently I had to sit in the upstairs waiting room on my own twiddling my thumbs and listening to the sound of the drill 'til they were ready for me. There were big notices about telling me to switch my mobile phone off, so I did. Apparently it interferes with the x ray machine's waves. Funnily enough Maurice was telling me yesterday that he has a machine to test microwaves for leakages - not for soup that's boiled over but for radiation!) and that the same machine registers very low levels from mobile phones. Scary huh! Anyway, got called in. My even newer dentist Mr Harris (Thininout) told me how much the treatment was going to cost and before I could get a moan out at that news popped the x ray machine into my mouth. To my horror my phone then started 'quacking'. I hadn't turned it off. The quacking meant it was Maurice as he is the only one with the duck quack ring tone. The dentist looked around startled. I just laid there innocently looking up at the ceiling hoping to God that it wasn't affecting the x ray machine or I would be forking out for one of those as well as root canal and a crown. Think I got away with it. As granny would say "sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all"....

4 comments:

  1. LOL that is so funny Anne. So glad you got your teeth sorted and you escaped without having to pay for the xray machine LOL!! hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to make me laugh Anne.
    Lyndaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny Anne, it could only happen to you!!

    Nicki.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quack quack lol, only you !!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear it all ended up in the demise of your tooth, hears to a painfree mouth and lots of guilt-free quacking XXX

    ReplyDelete