Search This Blog

Monday 22 February 2010

SWIRLS AND PEARLS


Dear Reader
Here's another entry. This time for the Whiff of Joy Challenge. I used, surprise surprise, K & Co papers. Even the butterfly is K & Co! The image is coloured in green and brown distress inks as I wanted to give a woodland feel. I liked the green swirly grasses on the paper so I thought we'd continue with the nature theme with a butterfly embellishment which has been distressed with old paper distress ink (come in useful already Nicky - thanks so much), stickles and a pearl swirl. I guess Harry Potter is on my mind - I wanted to give an 'old book' look to the card so I made some tabs which I'm quite liking. I also wanted to offset all the 'swirliness' with some nice rectangles and echo them with some other straight pearls to give some form. Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. I love this Anne it all goes so well, The butterfly is so cute.
    Good Luck.

    Nicki.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo thats rather nice I do like your colours Anne, bit of a change for you isn't it? it's lovely good luck in your challenge.Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. These greens are so pretty, you really are rocking these challenges, I am going to miss you getting down to the serious business of work ! Are you dreaming Harry Potter also, even I am thinking all things owl at the moment lol, good luck with all the plans - it does seem to be coming together beautifully as always XXX

    ReplyDelete