Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Birthday Card 1 and 2




Last night I got home from work early, turned up the heating, put the fire on, cooked some 'Be Good To Yourself' filled Yorkshire Puddings (how on earth can Yorkshire puddings be good for you - though if M & S tell me they are then who am I to argue), put my two sizes too big slippers on (bad buy in last year's sale) along with another layer of jumper, made a cup of tea and settled down to a bit of crafting. Wasn't really sure what I wanted to make but needed a card for Maurice's mum's birthday. If I was younger I'd call Maurice my boyfriend but that sounds ridiculous at my age. Suggestions on what to call him welcomed! Anyway, these two cards are the result. The first one took me ages and the second minutes as it's virtuallyl the same lol. I took the inspiration from the Christmas Journal l did at RWS.... just loved the big fabric folded flower. The tag means you can put a nice (or rude) hidden message on the card depending on who it's for. Fingers xd Sanda (Maurice's mum) likes hers!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to blogdom. You will find it very addictive.Love the two cards that you have made the colours are great.
    I think you should call Maurice your partner it's perfect.
    Look forward to reading your blog.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Sandra will love the card as they are both so pretty, hmmmmm significant other sounds too formal, partner seems better, but would people think he was a business partner, jury is out on boyfriend too hmmmmmmm is it wrong to say he's your squeeze lol, there should be a special name for a guy who is more than a friend, but not a spouse and that doesn't sound all high school. I think he's your MAN, or does that sound too territorial, oh good god just marry the guy then we can all call him your hubby and problem will be solved !!! lol

    ReplyDelete