Search This Blog

Friday 15 January 2010

MY MUM




Just a short blog tonight. I'm zapped. So many deadlines I've put a deadline on the deadlines!! Have to go to a meeting on the next 5 year transport plan for the area on Monday morning and got to brush up on Grimsby's Town Masterplan before I do. If anyone has any traffic bugbears in the town - and I could be opening up Pandora's box here! - then leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets raised. Anything - no matter how small. My personal bugbear is traffic lights that aren't timed properly. You know, the ones that only let two cars through before they go red again. I'm going to find out who is the traffic light God is and how he makes his decisions!

It's a bit late for the photo I've posted as it's actually my mum's crystal tree from Christmas but as most of you know I'd have Christmas all year if I could, so here's a bit of festive cheer for you. My mum, Jean, loves glass and especially crystal. She used to hang her crystal ornaments from curly twigs - twisted hazel - that she's grown from really tiny beginnings in her garden. But she wanted something different. I found her this 'tree' and thought it would be just the thing as it's plain but sparkly white with lots of 'twigs' to hang the ornaments. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory. I think her crystal ornaments look lovely. And to go with it here's a picture of my mum on Christmas Day, looking very festive in her red blouse.

4 comments:

  1. yes you go girl sort that god out haha your mum & her tree are very pretty see were you get it from. Love your blog night, janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne this is lovely and I am sure I have seen this in the flesh and thought at the time how lovely the tree looked I will let you know were I saw it when I see you, It inspired me to look for one for my window next year I think you have started something!!!

    I am loving your blog and I am going to go and have a think of all the traffic questions for you as I am sure I have lots to ask up my sleeve I will be back tomorrow with the questions.

    See you soon.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,

    Great to see you blogging. Keep up the good work. Look forward to keeping up with your antics!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning my little cupcake queen. I adore the crystal tree, how beautiful it must look with all the light sparkling of it it and what a thoughtful gift for your mum, whom I am sure loved it to bits. I have had the pleasure of meeting your lovely mum and would like to say how glamorous she looks in this lovely photo, thankyou for your company yesterday XXX

    Sorry no help with the traffic situation, I am a bus user who buries her head in her iphone for the full journey ( sidetracked to the extent I missed my stop last week ha!!!!) so there really could be an alien spaceship parked in front and I would be oblivious, although I think dad might have a few suggestions !

    ReplyDelete