Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Is it a Bird House? No it's a Fairy House


Hello again readers


Here's one of the altered art projects I promised. It's a blue tit (aren't everyone's in this cold weather lol) box made into a fairy's house. Well I never promised it was going to be useful. Unless of course you happen to know any fairies looking for a new crib and a pair of second hand boots! It was given to me by a very kind and encouraging friend, Tracey of Running with Scissors fame, who said to 'alter it'. I looked at it in horror having never given a moment's thought on how I'd 'alter' a blue tit box if someone happened to give me one. But over Christmas I got to thinking about it, got out some paper and bits and bobs from my stash and this is the result. I wanted it to be subtle. I can hear you thinking - a subtle fairy house, what is this woman on! What I really mean is I wanted something that I could display that wouldn't 'jump' out on you. I don't think I'm making myself very clear so I'll just show you my box lol........ I was quite pleased with it as a first altered art project but I don't think it has commercial possibilities!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, this is beautiful!!! I have one too!!! And I am still trying to think of what to do with it!!! I have already made a Tinkerbell house! Mine one does jump out at you and loudly shout HERE I AM, lol!!!

    I love yours, and as I am working backwards I have already seen your beautiful mirror!!! These two are beautiful together!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs meant to say love the little boots outside the door!!! MMh I wonder if Aimee would let me borrow some of her doll's boots for my one, lol!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your bird house (tit box) and you said you didn't know what to do with it. My fav bit is the little curtains with tie backs.
    Well Anne I'm still laughing after reading about your tit box. I think its ace that you have a blog now you can make me laugh through the week as well as a Saturday. I miss our Saturdays. Take care can't wait to read tomorrows

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving Lyndas comment it really is lovely to be able to pop in during the week and have you make us giggle. The tit box is FANTASTIC I loooooooooooove it, the details are so cute , thanks for playing along XXX

    ReplyDelete