Search This Blog

Thursday 7 January 2010

Dear Reader

Thank you all for your lovely comments which I've really enjoyed reading. I'm so lucky to have such smashing followers. There might not be many but I wouldn't swop any of you for all the world. Well perhaps for Brad Pitt I might swop one of you lol It might inspire a film - Annie's Choice! - but let's face it that's not going to happen is it so you're all safe!

On 'names to call Maurice' I'm grateful for all the suggestions but there's still nothing that really fits the bill for our relationship. I think best suggestion is 'squeeze' but I shan't be taking that literally as he did eat a lot over christmas and I don't think my arms will go all the way round him now!

I was interested to read that Helena is blogging, not only for crafting, but as an 'heirloom' to pass down to her girls. I hadn't thought about that aspect of blogging but how cool to have not only to have someone's personal thoughts and experiences but also photos and I guess videos. Let's not get carried away though still not got to grips with the slideshow!!

Nothing crafty to report today although I have tried some silk painting tonight. Not bad for a first attempt but think I can do better! Will post something soon.

So something else tonight. Yes, this is the Ronnie Corbett of blogs but I get to the point eventually! Some of you may know of Helen Fospero? She's originally from Grimsby - her dad was Deputy Editor of the Grimsby Telegraph for many years and her first job at 14 was tea girl at the paper. She's now on GMTV in the mornings. Anyhow I got to know her through my job. As well as her day job she and a friend have a website which gives you discounts at many online shops, spas, restaurants, etc. Most are London based and I have to say expensive. But there are discounts at 'Send A Thought' and 'Biscuiteers', both of which I've used and I think are cool for special thank you's and gifts. Anyway, she's sent me the link for friends interested in shopping to join the site for free (I think there is usually an annual fee). I don't think I have any friends who are not interested in shopping so if you want to take a look, see how the other half live and what's cool and trendy in London at the moment try the following: www.mhoula.com/vip I'm told it will give you free access to the site and to all the discounts available. The site was recently featured in YOU Magazine and 4000 people joined as a result. The power of the media eh! I've always said though that in business an ounce of editorial is worth a pound of advertising! Hope no one from the Telegraph's advertising department reads this!!

1 comment:

  1. LOl at the Ronnie Corbett of blogs, I sometimes think mine are a bit of a ramble but we get there in the end don't we ! Thankyou for the link, I am now a member of mhoula, I had no idea Helen was from Grimsby, hasn't she done well for herself ! What an inspiration. As for Helenas comment regarding the blogging being an heirloom, I totally agree. I use my blog as a prompt for my journalling in my scrapbooks, it is much easier to go back and remember events and dates etc when you already have them blogged, in fact it would be easy to copy and paste some posts and print them out directly for the journalling, I am all for a little time-saving. XXX

    ReplyDelete