Search This Blog

Friday 8 January 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A MONTH MAKES

Early in December when I was looking for quotes for my Christmas Journal I came across the following by J B Priestley. I thought it was lovely....

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?

I don't know about you but quite frankly I'm more than a little tired of the white stuff now and fed up of shuffling along like a Japanese geisha. Obviously I don't look like a Japanese geisha as I've been wearing my black rubber boots and an anorak for days. With a pair of trousers I hasten to add in case you're worrying there's nothing in between! Oh for some glamour - a pair of heels and a dress. Anyway, I'm not waxing lyrical about snow any more. Instead I'm liking the following better:

In the town of The Pas, Manitoba
It snows on the first of Octoba
From then, for six months,
It thaws only once
And never when I am quite soba.

2 comments:

  1. he he he loving both quotes, obviously for differing reasons, and i am glad you clarified the trousers issue, I was starting to worry about the comfort of your nether regions - my granny told me you could get piles like that !!! See you soon - missing the giggles XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Anne I can't imagine you without your glamour heels tottering along. But the boots and big jacket are the best option at the present time. I've decided to stay indoors is the best thing all round. I said to Lynsey yesterday when they fall at her age they bounce back up and think its fun, if I fell god only knows how I would get up people just look at you and think oh look at that big lady trying to get up and apart from that it hurts.

    I'm loving the read Anne and it makes me smile
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete