Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2010

NURSE TAMMY AND THE CUPCAKE


Dear Reader


Apologies for the lack of blogging. I've not been idle, just being creative during the evening in a different way putting together a 'Harry Potter' or as I'm calling it, a Hairy Pitta evening. This year Grimsby Auditorium and the Northern Lincolnshire Business Awards will be turned into Hogawards School of Industry and Business and we'll be looking for companies to reward in the Chamber of Success' Room of Recognition. I've been having great fun putting together a Dinner menu, entertainment and show. I'll keep you posted. Or should I say blogged.


Today I had to go for some test results, flu jabs and general MOT at the docs. Dread it. Everytime you go they find something else wrong with you. I don't know if anyone else does this (probably not) but if there's something I really don't want to do I drag my heels until I make myself late and then have to go like the clappers because I feel guilty that I'm keeping whoever it is waiting. (If anyone's reading this and thinking last time I met them I was late and that's because I didn't want to be there that isn't the case - I'm actually mostly late everywhere - just that it seems to be worse if I don't want to go). Anyway, this morning wasn't helped as when I got in the car to drive like the clappers it turned out my watch was actually 10 minutes slow so I was in real trouble. Especially as I then followed a hay lorry (where did that come from at this time of year!!?) for a couple of miles. So, screeched to halt outside docs in bad mood, majorly late and convinced my blood pressure must be sky high. Attacked the stairs like a mountain goat, pressed all the buttons on the new signy in screeny thingy hoping to goodness someone with pig flu hadn't used it before me and got called in to see Nurse Tammy. Yes, the flu jab nurse at our practice is called Tammy. Priceless! Turns out, try as they might, they couldn't find anything wrong with me today. So we talked a bit about low fat diets, exercise, sugar levels and of course before long we were talking cupcakes which was much more interesting. I said mine were actually paper so really good for people on diets and what do you know turns out Nurse Tammy is a crafter. Now I'm lending her my cupcake template and we're swopping websites and everything. So just for Nurse Tammy here's a picture of a finished cupcake. This 'be good to yourself' cupcake can be filled with 'what the heck enjoy yourself' chocolates or other treats if you wish... Of course, Nurse Tammy, mine will be filled with lettuce!

2 comments:

  1. I love this cupcake and the blog I can just imagine you in your high heels mounting the stairs to the surgery. You are such a tonic and your witt should be bottled and taken 3 times a day.
    Can't wait to see you tommorow
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he I want some of the medicine Lynda is describing, thank goodness you aren't late for class I would be seriously getting a complex , I also need to be swapping my cupcakes for your cupcakes XXX

    ReplyDelete