Search This Blog

Sunday 10 January 2010

VARIATIONS ON A THEME AND DARTS












Dear Reader
Three cards on the same theme. Well actually four if you count yesterday's. Think I'm stuck in a groove like one of Woody's records.There's a defiite leaning towards circles in my cards at the moment. All due to a new circle cutter that arrived at Christmas which is seeing good service. I'm also liking squares, as you'll see that all the cards are - well - square. Variety may be the spice of life but repetition does make it easier! Especially when there's a few to do. The stamp is a recent purchase from RWS. I bought it one day when I wasn't wearing my glasses and was surprised to see when I got home that the pattern on the dress is actually apples. Probably not something I'd have gone for if I'd known as it is kind of autumny but hey ho once they're coloured in it's quite pretty. Can't bring myself to colour them in anything but red - I don't want her to look like Granny Smith! I've just started collecting distress inks and only have three at the moment so I've coloured in the stamped designs with Sekura pens and just used Tim Holtz for the skin. At one point I was in danger of giving Andrea (that's what I've called her - Andrea Apple) as red a face as the apples on her dress but managed to tone it down so she is a true 'Pink Lady'!

We've had a really laid back weekend after a hectic week and have been enjoying ourselves indoors. Made some soup and a stew for the week and caught up on a few chores. Also finally got rid of my death trap trip hazard slippers and purchased new sale 'bargains'. Discovered these fit but are a strange lilac shade which goes with nothing else in my entire wardrobe. I do struggle with slippers. Anyway, as I sashayed in my new slippers through the living room yesterday afternoon, where Moz was dozing in front of the telly, I glanced at the screen where someone was being interviewed in the World Darts Championship. Couldn't believe my eyes when Batman suddenly wandered past in the background. I can tell you I was seriously worried for my sanity!Pressed rewind on the tele (isn't it clever the way that works) and to my relief it was Batman. An aged and portly Batman but definitely Batman. Went back to real time and then Elvis and a Space Alien filtered past behind camera! What is going on? Is this normal or are World Darts saving money and sharing the Lakeside with a fancy dress convention? Anyway, sure made me laugh!

2 comments:

  1. I can't beleive how many cards your doing you have certanly got your mojo back.
    I'm loving Andrea and the circle thing.
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for variations on a theme, it is the only way I can get things done sometimes, loving the apple frock - suits Andrea beautifully XXX

    ReplyDelete